- This event has passed.
October 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Our Mission in Motion is an effort by Saint Thomas Health and supported through grants from Susan G. Komen.
This program has provided Middle Tennessee with the first Mobile Mammography Coach!
Mobile mammography is designed for screening women who meet the following criteria:
- At or over the age of 40
- Not experiencing any breast problems (pain,lump, etc.)
- Not being followed by a physician for breast problems
- Not pregnant
- Not breast feeding
- A year since last screening mammogram (must be 1 year or more)
**uninsured, underinsured, and insured welcome
- screening mammography with CAD
- follow-up for next services including: direct letter to participant with results, phone call to women with abnormal result, and coordination for next level of service
Screenings will take about 15 minutes.
On the day of your mammogram:
- Do not use any deodorant, perfume, powders, or ointments on your breasts.
These could interfere with the x-rays.
- Wear a shirt so that you can easily undress above the waist.
Please inform the health professional of any of the following:
- if you have implants
- if you have previously had a benign breast biopsy
A radiologist will interpret your mammogram after you leave. Results will be forwarded to your physician and will generally be available from your doctor after three to five working days.
You will have a screening mammography performed. If it is determined that you will need a diagnosticmammogram and are referred to a facility outside of the STH Imaging Network, you will need to call the Premier Radiology mammography department, 615-356-3999, to have your films mailed to the facility. You may also pick up your films at Premier Radiology, 28 White Bridge Road, Suite 111, Nashville, TN 37205
Most insurances are accepted.